The coronavirus outbreak has confined most of the children inside their homes, locked. It has shut schools, colleges, and even some of the offices to avoid the spread of the COVID-19. Social distancing and lockdowns are being enforced everywhere, and kids are finding it hard to spend their time. The lessons to learn for SMBs here is ” Satisfaction is a rating and loyalty is a brand“. Some app business in education sector have reworked on their licensing and subscription models to be more purposeful in this challenging situation. The following is a list of one of the best leaning from home apps and websites that worked on special campaigns during quarantine period to help children learn as well as have some fun games while they are stuck at home.
Some Key Apps for Kids
- UMANG App: The UMANG App is created by the Government of India to offer school going kids a variety of more than one crore e-books, audio files, and videos on all subjects for primary and secondary school students. The app also allows students to access NCERT’s E-Pathshala straight from the app in order to catch up with their syllabus in school.
- BYJU’s: The app is a popular online learning application, which is used by many students across the country. It offers free access to all of its programs to students in order to help kids catch up with studies during the lockdowns. The BYJU’s app provides study material for students from first grade to 12th standard.
- LEAD [email protected]: LEAD school is a Mumbai-based integrated academic startup, which has launched a program named LEAD [email protected] in the time of the COVID-19 outbreak. The initiative allows schools to conduct live sessions to complete the syllabus and provide on-time sessions to the students.
- Ted [email protected]: Ted Ed is a learning website, which connects the learners with the teachers. In the scenario of the COVID-19 outbreak, the website has introduced Ted [email protected] that provides study material to students at different levels such as elementary, middle school, senior secondary, and college.
- Vedantu Learn Live Online: Vedantu Learn Live Online is known as one of India’s leading online tutoring website. It covers the whole syllabus starting from CBSE, ISCE, NTSE, Olympiads, and even IIT JEE. It offers free online classes on its website and through its app to keep students safe in their homes. It also provides free study material and provides free access to all live classes and content.
- [email protected]: TexhNext is a digital classroom solutions company, which has recently come up with [email protected] that teaches students with the help of audio-visual content. It helps them to learn about their particular subjects at their homes amid the coronavirus lockdowns.
- Amar Chitra Katha: Amar Chitra Katha Media in recent times has given out free subscription to all the Amar Chitra Katha books and Tinkle comics to everyone in order to pass their time in quarantine. It is also offering its whole catalog, comprising of many legendary titles.
- National Geographic Kids: Along with the TV Channel, the National Geographic also has a Kids website, which helps kids to spend time during social distancing and lockdowns. It provides many fun, and interactive games, videos and information about a kid’s favorite place, animal, person, and even provides fun facts that will improve a kid’s knowledge.
- Funbrain :This is a website that includes training activities for every grade level’ kid. It includes brain tests such as books, games, videos and more for kids in pre-school to 5th standard.
- Math Games – Brain Training: Math Games – Brain Training is a game related to mathematics where kids are supposed to make basic calculations. There are different kinds of game modes available in this application, such as a time challenge, math-based puzzles, memory games, and more.
- Crash Course Kids (YouTube): It is an intuitive YouTube channel that posts videos about science topics twice in a week. The Crash Course Kids is aimed at making learning fun for children, as it uses animations to explain different topics.
- Pictoword: It is a well-known game that offers pictures to the users for them to make a word out of it. The game is more of a kind of fill-in-the-blanks where the players have to select from different letters to make a word.
- Endless Alphabet: Endless Alphabet is a game played in smartphones. It is designed to help kids learn reading and alphabets easily. The app features each word in the way of the interactive puzzle with talking letters and a short animated story to explain a definition.
Source – Gadgets 360