Marketing is one of the most significant parts of any business. As businesses try to make new efforts to market their business, the consumers have become smarter too. Most of them do not want to see the advertisements on their screens when they are watching their favorite show on the TV or video on YouTube. Customers now fast-forward videos and shows through commercials have installed ad blockers on their computers and are more inclined to opt for commercial-free streaming services for their live TV.
All this may restrict how businesses market their product and services. So this can be the time for your business to change its marketing initiatives and look for experimental marketing.
Experimental marketing is a method that lays most of its focus on connecting the consumers with a unique and branded experience. These can include installations, live events, webinars, product rollouts, and trade shows.
More about Experimental Marketing
Experimental Marketing can also be said as engagement marketing. It is a marketing strategy that creates a direct connection with the consumers. It also encourages them to participate in the business.
Experimental Marketing can also be defined as a type of marketing that aims to create a memorable, innovative customer experience. It helps to develop a deep emotional connection between the customer and the brand.
It is different from the traditional way of marketing as it no longer considers the customers to be passive receivers of the message shared by the company. Rather, the concept of experimental marketing involves the customer directly and tries to make them a part of the advertising campaign.
Why Experimental Marketing is Highly Effective
The obvious reason behind the effectiveness of experimental marketing is, people are emotional. When a business connects with us in an emotional manner, we get engaged with them immediately. When a business presents a story to the consumers, they feel connected and not just somewhere they spend on. If they get connected, it will make a difference in their opinions of how they see your brand. Also, experimental branding will help them develop an experience with your brand that they will never forget.
How Experimental Marketing is Planned
- Research your customer base: Before you start to plan the experimental marketing campaign, it is important to have a look at your current customer data. This will help you to find out what kind of experiential marketing would be best suitable for your audience. Such research might even give you and your business insight into new markets. The best-suggested approach is to consider customer segmentation. This will help to find all the customers who can be engaged with your business to help it generate high revenue.
- Define and set your goals: You must make sure what you need to get out of this campaign. This can be anything such as finding a new customer, product promotion, or entry into a new market. Once you determine your main goal, start to develop your campaign. Also, your marketing strategy must be centred on your intended audience, and they must also be measurable.
- Identify your KPIs: You must also define the KPIs at the time of the marketing campaign. This will help you to get a better understanding of what success looks like. Have a look at all your intended goals. You also need to find out how to best measure key performance indicators (KPIs). At the same time, it is
- Important to determine all the data you will require you’re your customers during the campaign. This method of marketing can be one of the best ways to obtain specific customer data and to address feedback personally.
- Develop a Budget: When you plan for a new campaign, you must develop and set a marketing budget. This is very necessary to make sure you meet your return on investment or ROI. All this is specifically true of experiential marketing since it often includes more moving parts and goes beyond. At the same time, it works with the traditional marketing tools available in the market.
- Implement a cross-channel marketing plan: As per your goals, your experiential marketing can also be featured at a physical location. You only have to remember that your experiential marketing approach does not have to be one form of interaction. Or in other words, your experience can be marketed, live-streamed, as well as tagged on social media channels. You can even segment your audience to market to those who may be in the physical location, at the same time, giving your business to get engaged with the customers through emails, text or social media channels.
Thus, you must make sure that all your marketing activities create value for the customers. So start experimental marketing today and see your business reach new heights.