While developing an e-commerce website for selling the products to other businesses (B2B), you should remember that your procedures and selling styles should not be different from that of s building an e-commerce site to sell to consumers (B2C). One of the essential aspects of B2B e-commerce is assisting your users in finding what they are looking for with trifling effort. The following are few steps that can help you in creating an effective B2B e-commerce website.
- Develop User Personas: Precisely, user personas are imaginary customers that represent the people who will most likely buy your product. For identifying and categorizing the personas, ask yourself these questions.
- How does the product adds value and help the client?
- What is the budget of the client, and are they willing to purchase the product regardless of price?
- Does the client have an understanding of the product? Can they appreciate its true value?
- Does the client use similar products, or is your product offering something new?
- Does the client have any preconception?
- What product characteristics interest the client most?
- Is there something in particular about the product that they like? Is there something they tend to not care about?
- Organize the product pages effectively: Many B2B e-commerce websites have disorderly and unclear product pages. A profusion of configurations, incomprehensible product names and an absence of clear categories can make navigating a website gratuitously complex. It is crucial that your products are skillfully organized. Therefore, include the following things while creating a website.
- Making sure that a product is an actual object, not rather intellectual or highly customizable.
- It should clearly state what the product does and how it is different from other products
- Group products according to their categories
One of the most essential aspects of B2B e-commerce is assisting users in finding what they are actually looking for with nominal effort. It is also important for the business to understand different types of clients and how they treat the product so that your website is custom-made according to their thoughts.
- Choose an appropriate format for product presentation: There are two types of formats for product presentation that are prevalent within B2B e-commerce sites. The first format is the classic e-commerce model, which includes a product photo, price, purchase button, and product description. The other format is a product landing page that comprises of strong copywriting and varied content types. In the second case, the purchase is conducted separately on a different page. Also, it is important to choose your presentation format early on while the website, as it will influence the structure of your online shop. The choice you make should be based on the assumptions you have made about users and their needs.
- Create compelling content: After establishing how your products should be deliberated, you should create the content for the website. Go on about copywriting, photos, thematic descriptions, tables, technical sheets, selling points, and videos for each product and service you would offer. After going through this process, you will understand what types of content will be most effective for your business and website as well. You can then use this information to intellectualize other pages, which will help you in determining whether you should change the product page format or not.
- Develop Storytelling for your Landing Page: Precisely, the landing pages help you in boosting your website’s SEO and attract the client to buy the product they want. Irrespective of whether your landing page is devoted to a particular user type, industry sector, or is the solution for the client’s problem, it is a vital part of the process of e-commerce website’s development. For developing storytelling for your landing page, you first need to outline your content strategy and pay attention to the order in which the product benefits will be highlighted. You should also consider the visual that you will be using for your website. As you work on the landing pages and their content, you may gain clarity in regards to your product pages and how they can be improved.
- Intellectualize the Search Result Pages: The product search bar is an indispensable part of B2B e-commerce websites. Search results pages presented on the website have similar structures, with filters usually on the left and results on the right. It is extraneous whether search results are shown in a list format or as cards. You must decide on what data should be displayed for each product so that users have all the necessary information at a glance. Select up to three data points to avoid excess information. Besides, personalize the filters on the left side according to criteria you think your customers would use to find what they are looking for and what they actually want.
- Create a Home Page: The development of the home page depends upon the information you have obtained throughout the previous stages of this process. A good home page will show the benefits of your product, it will guide users towards landing pages, and is easy to understand. You need to pay attention to the hierarchy while conceptualizing the home page. You need to establish the following key points:
- Which user is the most important?
- Which products do you want to show?
- What is the sturdiest discerning factor for your company?
- How modest is your offer when presented in an abridged manner?
- Establish the Process of Checkout: For developing the process of checkout, it is essential for you to decide these points:
- What data will you be requiring from the customers
- The order in which you will be requesting the information from the customers?
- What delivery options and payment methods will be made available for the customers?
- What happens after the client places an order?
In a nutshell, the above-mentioned eights steps and guidelines will help you in building an effective B2B e-commerce website, which will be easily accessible for the customers.
Source – Allbusiness