Businesses today are increasingly using Slack to establish communication with the internal as well as the external teams. The best part is Slack can integrate with hundreds of applications that a business can use to carry out its business operations. Slack is the platform that can make your team more fruitful and collaborative at the same time. But first of all, we need to understand what Slack is?
What is Slack?
Slack is growing to be one of the most used business communication tools across several industries. So what exactly is Slack?
Well, Slack is an instant messaging application that allows businesses to share information about a task or a project. The tool is capable of integrating with other productivity software and enterprise solutions. Slack makes it possible for the entire team to make calls, coordinate projects, share documents, and share instant messages. All this can be done through a single application.
Slack is also described as a messaging app on steroids. It is able to make collaboration easy for business teams of all sizes. The application allows its users to set up personal or group chat rooms. They can also drag and drop files to share them with other people. Users can also search messages and access all the information on their desktop as well as on the mobile device.
In this regard, there are hundreds of integration platforms that allow the teams to do nearly everything. These applications can track customers’ feedback, approve or deny the vacation time and share project status reports. Overall, if you want to make your team more productive and collaborative, the best application is probably Slack.
So how do Slack Integrations Work?
It is extremely easy to add an application to Slack. The tool has a dedicated software menu that helps you to find and install add ons in just a few moments. The team already knows that the users do not have enough time to browse hundreds of options, so to make this easy, we have a list of the top 10 applications that can integrate with Slack easily.
- InVision: InVision allows its users to get real-time feedback on their best work done. The integration allows connections with the design prototypes to channels. It also makes all the changes visible to team members. The tool allows sharing individual screens for instant coordination. The users can store multiple project files. These can be later viewed and reviewed in real-time. InVision starts at $99 per month for up to five team members.
- Meister Task: It is sometimes difficult to create shared project plans. At the same time, managing them becomes highly challenging even for some of the most experienced managers. To make this simple, managers can use the MeisterTask extension to keep things organized. It allows teams to create streamlined and automated workflows. The tool uses Kanban-style project boards that allow the users to share work details with team members. The users can also upload files, set deadlines, and add checklist items in real-time. MeisterTask starts at $8.25 per month, per user.
- Dialpad: Sometimes, it becomes highly inefficient to toggle between applications to dial a conference call or simply have a look at all your messages. With the help of Dialpad and Slack integration, the users are able to dial calls and receive notifications for all the missed calls, voicemails and text messages. The application also allows the admins to choose different departments to route particular Slack notifications. This helps the team to return any important missed calls. The Dialpad + Slack app requires a Pro or Enterprise Dialpad account and starts at $30 per month per user.
- Survicate: Customer feedback is one of the most important things you need to keep in mind. Views from the customers’ lets you know how your customers actually feel about your product or service. All this information allows you to make informed decisions on your company’s direction. The Survicate application integration allows the users to keep the customer feedback on the tip. This is done by monitoring the incoming survey responses in real-time.
The users can also share customer feedback within a Slack team or outside the business with the help of selected Slack channels. The users are also able to distribute surveys by email or direct message or embed them into the company’s website or mobile app.
- Zoom Meetings: The ways in which business meetings have changed over the past few years. Video conferencing services such as Zoom have allowed us to keep in constant contact with the team members as well as with our families. With the Zoom integration with Slack, you can start a quick meeting with your team. The tool also allows you to share the meeting details even without leaving your chat. Zoom for Slack makes it easy for you to easily provide an entire Slack channel, with a meeting room that offers clear audio and a hi-definition video during calls.
- Concur travel: The employees need to make travel arrangements from time to time. These can be client meetings or team-building workshops. The Concur Travel bot makes it simple to search where the users are able to organize and book travel directly from Slack. Slack team users can also collaborate and communicate about the travel plans and look up flights within their Slack conversations. The users can also access any upcoming itineraries for review within Slack and automatically import them into Concur Expense for seamless processing. The Concur Travel bot is free for SAP Concur Travel account holders.
- Trello: This is one of the best platforms that allows the team to coordinate activities. When it is integrated with Slack, Trello makes it easy to keep projects moving in the right direction, moving on time and on spec. Trello integrated with Slack allows a project manager to post a project card into a conversation. This allows the team to make changes in the card or provide drafts and revisions of a deliverable for a large group to review. The Slack integration also automatically provides status reports and delivery dates with regular reminders and notifications before a project misses a deadline.
- Vacation tracker: It is sometimes difficult to manage employee vacations for the human resource teams. Vacation Tracker makes this task simple as it allows the users to request vacation days or sick days within Slack. The managers can also access this feature and approve or deny the request within the application. They can even have an overview of all upcoming team vacations. The integrations allow the managers to set up local and global holidays for each team, so employees know when their respective offices are closed.
- Google Drive: As more and more businesses are adopting the cloud platform, services such as Google Drive have made remote communication effective. And for the professionals who are using Slack, the Google Drive ad gives a great way to manage and review files and documents without the need to open any additional applications. With the help of Google Drive for Slack, the entire team is able to create, search or edit Google documents, slides or sheets right from Slack.
- Spotify: Users can easily manage their tune selections. They can also find music they are searching for and share it with their coworkers. With Slack integration, you can view information about albums, songs, and podcasts. Spotify integration with Slack is free, but all users must have a Spotify premium subscription to use it.
- Giphy: Giphy integration with Slack allows you to share interactive GIFs. The users can search through a curated library of GIFs and share them instantly in a Slack channel or direct message. Additionally, the workplace admins can also set a GIF rating so that the unprofessional GIFs does get shared within the team. Giphy for Slack is free for all users.
Now that you know all the applications that can seamlessly integrate with Slack. It is time to choose which among them best suits your business. So, let the best integrations accelerate your business growth.