Branding and differentiation have become the most important things in today’s highly competitive environment. This can be done with the help of some of the most interactive and highly powerful designing applications. This is the reason why most businesses are today making investments in designing tools and technologies.
The best part is, most of the designing tools available in the market today are of low budget or even free of cost. This makes them really affordable, even for small and medium businesses.
But how to choose the best graphic design application for your business?
Some of the most demanded graphical assets for business includes logos, banners, infographics, and videos. This demand also triggered the availability of graphic designing software applications in the market. These graphic designing tools are aimed to serve different purposes, but before making the final purchase, you have to keep several things in mind. Some of them are:
- What is the task for this designing tool?
You must have a clear understanding of what you need your software application to do will help you to narrow down your research.
- How much budget do you have for this tool
The second thing you need to keep in mind is how much budget you have for the tool. This will help you to find the best tool that is also budget-friendly.
- What is the skill level of your graphics designers?
Another thing that you need to consider is the skill level that your team has. The skill level will help you to understand how intuitive the software application must be so that you and your team can get the best results.
- How credible is the software vendor?
The credibility of the vendor is important as it will help you to save a lot of time and money.
- Ease of Use
The market has some tools that are not supported on most of the devices. Some of them are only available on Mac. On the other hand, some are only available on Windows phones. It is, thus, best to ensure devise compatibility before making the purchase decision.
Best Free Graphics Design Tools
Choosing the right design tool for your business can be challenging as there are so many options. Each of the tools that are available in the market has a set of unique features. From a long list of design tools, we have listed down the top free tools for small and medium businesses.
- Pixlr X: This is a free online graphics editing tool that has some of the most advanced features. The tool has an extremely simple interface which makes it extremely easy to use and understand. Pixlr X offers some of the best cutting features such as lasso, magic, shape, and drag.
- GIMP: Customization is something that can be achieved with easy with the help of GIMP. The tool provides not only a free photo editor, but the tool also offers extremely high-quality features and functions such as customizable brushes and automatic image enhancement tools.
- Krita: This is an open-source tool that is being used by graphics designers for quite some time. The tool is widely used among concept artists as it has a number of features that are highly useful. The tool is more popular because of its drawing capabilities than the editing features.
- Vectr: This is the best tool when people have to work in collaboration with one another. The tool comes with synchronization and lives collaboration options which makes it easy for the team members to share files with one another.
- Gravit Designer: Gravit is an amazing tool if you want to go for vector graphics. The tool is designed and developed by the team that works with the coral draw. The tool offers an extremely clean interface and can accomplish most of the design tasks.
Best Paid Graphics Designing Tools
Apart from the free tools that are available in the market today, there are several paid tools that are available in the market. The paid tools offer several features that are not available in the free ones. Some of the best-paid tools are mentioned below.
- Adobe Illustrator: This tool has set an industry standard when it comes to drawing and editing features. The tool offers some commendable features such as designing logos, artwork, and several other tasks. The tool is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud and will ask its users for payment for the subscription.
- Adobe Photoshop: The tool is the most popular and the best tool for graphics designing available in the market. It is used by designers and illustrators all over the world to carry out tasks such as 3D modelling, drawing, and typography. The tool is designed to be highly intuitive and user friendly. The tool has a highly user-friendly interface that allows the designers to create their own customized layout panels. The best part is, the too is best suited for both mobiles as well as web design.
- Affinity Designer: As compared to Illustrator, Affinity Designer is an affordable tool as compared to Adobe Illustrator. The tool has all the cool functions of an illustrator. It is a one million per cent zoom feature that is really amazing.
- Autodesk Maya: Maya is said as the best tool to carry out 3D work for users. Its rich features and tools, such as remodelling, rendering, and animation, cover the entire 3D workflow for the users and makes their job easy. The tool has a learning curve for beginners.
- Canva: If you are looking for a tool to make powerful image adjustments, Canva is the best option for you. You can do image changes such as cropping, resizing, and adding effects with the help of this tool. Other features include a photo collage maker, font combination picker, and tool for the colour palate.
- Photoscape: This is said to be one of the best photo editing tools available in the market. It offers a range of filters and effects to help you do image edition activities. The tool can also help you develop slide shows, create animated GIFs, and convert RAW images. Photoscape is said to be one of the best photo editing tools for beginners.
- Genially: The tool makes the graphics designing easy for the users. This is one of the most powerful graphics designing tools that help users to create presentations, infographics, and quizzes.
Both the free and the paid applications have features, pros and cons of their own. Choose the tool that best suits your business and your team.