Businesses today need software tools that are not difficult to use but complete tasks successfully. A good UI and interface are great, but they are not much use if they do not meet business expectations. Therefore, it is necessary that small businesses need tools and technologies that work for them perfectly.
One such tool is RemotePC which gives its users remote access and control with the help of an easy to use interface. It does not matter if you are working from your home on your personal computer or you need to access any files at the time of travelling. The tool gives you quick and secure access to your work computer. The tool is easy to install, and anyone can start using it without the need of any professional.
What makes RemotePC best for Small businesses?
The tool has the right combination of some of the basic features. It also offers simple accessibility and an attractive price. It is an excellent tool at a very small price. The current plan of small business and home office plan is less than $5 per month can be used over two years of unlimited license. The features allow the users to obtain anything they need, which is present on their office computer from a browser without requesting a software installation.
Some of the most powerful features of the plan include:
- Access via the Internet: The tool allows you to aces your remote systems from a web browser without installing any software application. This feature is highly useful for small businesses with employees who work at remote locations occasionally but have no office equipment at their homes. Access via the internet features such as screen locking, monitor switching, remote printing, and file sharing makes it easy for the users to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Collaboration Invitation: Employees that work with small businesses must wear many hats. All this makes it very important to pull multiple resources and collaborate on different projects. The tool works best in this case. It helps to remove many road blockers for the hybrid remote employees. It also allows multiple team members to access the same data and come up with ideas for the sales pitch.
- Compliance: The tool uses several features such as personal keys, encryption, trusted devices, and two-step verification to make sure that each of the user’s data remains secure. The tool works with the clients also makes sure that the remote access solution meets a variety of compliance as well as the regulatory standards.
RemotePC is an easy to use application. It was also easy to change the permissions. Most importantly, this is one of the best ways to get access to your unattended remote computer from any browser. Still, the tool has its own set of pros and cons, as mentioned below.
- Allows you to access and connect with the remote computers from any web browser.
- Most of the plans offer unlimited user licenses.
- The application is easy to install and use.
- The tool lacks integrations with some of the most popular business tools and platforms.
- It is frustrating to switch from file-sharing to remote access from mobile phones.
- The tool lacks monthly billing options.
The tool is available for four remote access subscriptions. All these are different as per the number of users and the number of accessible computers. Apart from these remote access plans, the tool offers a separate plan for unlimited remote support, which was $49.95 for the first year. The tool marks a different place in the market by providing unlimited user licenses with every plan, except the entry-level remote access plan. This plan offers great value for multiple small businesses that might need to access only 10 to 20 computers. Here is further detail about all the subscription tiers with the respective pricing.
Consumer: This is the entry-level plan is available for $29.62 for the first year. The same can be purchased for $59.25 for two years. This plan includes one license, rights to access to computers, unlimited remote access, always-on remote access, unlimited concurrent access, remote printing, file transfer, access via the web browser, remote reboot, whiteboard, and 24/7 email, chat, and call support.
SOHO (Small Office or Home Office): The plan can be accessed at the cost of $59.62 for the initial year. The same plan can be purchased for two years at the rate of $119.25. The plan includes unlimited licenses, access to the ten computers and organized users.
Team: The plan can be accessed at the cost of $224.62 for the initial year. The same plan can be purchased for two years at the rate of $449.25. The plan gives access to almost 50 computers, single sign-on, active directory sync and on-demand remote support for its users.
Enterprise: This is the highest tier of the application and costs $449.62 for the first year. The same plan is available for you at the cost of $899.25. The plan gives you access to almost 100 computer systems, allows computer grouping, allows defining the user roles, and user-level access permission.
Who should go for this tool?
The tool is highly recommended for small businesses which as remote and hybrid remote employees. The key priority for them is collaboration. The tool is also optimal for professionals who have to travel for work frequently. RemotePC can also be used by any business that wants to implement and use a remote computer network without help from an in house IT department.
On the other hand, the tool is not the best option for all the businesses that want an access and control solution for the technical support teams. The tool is not an ideal solution for small businesses and individuals who do not like to commit to annual or multiple-year service agreements.