Redash is an open-source application for SaaS to query your data sources, envision the results, figure dashboards, and share data with your group. It is a cloud-based platform, which offers small to midsize businesses with various tools to create visual dashboards, grant role-based access, and automate alerts/notifications. The tool helps the organizations in becoming more data-driven by offering tools to democratize data access. Through this, you can connect yourself to any data source. It is one of the magnificent data visualization platforms for any organization or business, which is exceedingly proficient of connecting to an infinite source of data to be able to attain in a fast and succinct way and excerpt a correct and full report of your system and provides a fundamental and adapted outlook of the business data. It integrates a procedure of alerts and coordinates the entry of the data for employees of the company. The visualization of data can be done in many formats, including the graphic table dynamic maps with endless choices, which helps in providing excellent software that is easy and useful for everyone.
Overview of the Features
- The powerful editor for online SQL
- Create snippets and reuse them
- Drag & Drop and resize any image
- Schedule refresh from your data sources
- Share dashboards with the public or with your team members
- Support SQL, NoSQL, Big Data, and API data sources.
- Ad Hoc reports
- Key performance indicator
- Performance Metrics
- Visual Analytics
Editions and Pricing
Redash offers no free version to its users, but there is a free trial so that the users can get a thorough detail of the tool and get an understanding of how to use the features. Furthermore, it offers three pricing options for users, which include Starter, Pro, and Business. Moreover, the prices include the following subscription plans.
|Starter||$49 per month||· Unlimited users
· 3 data sources and 5 dashboards
· 100 saved queries and other features.
|Pro||$99 per month||· Unlimited users
· 10 data sources and 50 dashboards
· 1000 saved queries and other features.
|Business||$450per month||· Unlimited users
· Unlimited data sources and unlimited dashboards
· Unlimited saved queries and other features.
Capabilities and Supporting Set of Features
Create: When you will make an account, the tool will first show you the page of Create. Here you can connect a data source, create your first query, create your first dashboard, and can invite your teammates. In the taskbar, you will get the option to search your queries. For connecting the data source, you will be first asked to select a type, then to fill the details for configuration. After completing the details, you will be done by connecting your data source.
Query: You can create queries by creating a query option. Your data will be shown in the tabular or visualization form. You will get the option to save or execute your data. You will also get the option to add a new query, add visualization, download data set, and embed.
Usage: The usage option will show you the number of days it was last used. The number of events in the form of a graphical representation. It will provide you usage path and the number of actions grouped by their types in the form of a pie chart. You can also see the count of the users, total signups, and will get the bifurcated detail on the basis of the country.
Other Features: The tool will enable you to choose your favorite dashboard and queries. In the favorite dashboard feature, you will get the option of favorite & tags usage, Beacon, business overview and some more facets. In favorite queries feature, you will get the option of the user by domain, data source details, query details.
Clever Map is supported on Web, SaaS, Cloud, and Mac. There is no mobile accessibility available for the software, and no mobile application is made to date. For easy access, you can use it on your computers
- Online support
- Email support
- Business hours
- Chat Support
Redash holds a simple but powerful interface along with integrations with:
- Google Analytics
- Google Spreadsheets, and others.
Pros and Cons of Redash
- Easy to install in the cloud and on any server.
- It can be used for large dashboards having multiple metrics across multiple streams.
- Simple to use and includes various visualization features.
- The tool has the ability to remix and edit other people’s queries in order to gain new insights.
- Quick to set up new queries.
- Format function that indents the queries automatically.
- Sometimes confusion occurs if the dashboard is refreshed or not.
- Refreshing a query takes a lot of time.
- Requires technical understanding for using the platform.
- Because of its flexibility, it needs a lot of database permissions, and access control is not too fine-grained.
- Redash helps you make sense of your data.
- It is an open-source tool with 1KGitHub stars and 2.17K GitHub forks.
- It is SQL friendly and has an open-source that other BI tools do not have.
- Very modest to connect a google sheet to Redash and have the information automatically updated just with a refresh button.
For further details, please visit the Redash Website.