Social media has become everyone’s need to be socially connected with the others they know (or maybe not). Conferencing is not a remaining intact from social media, despite one can leverage social media for the conference purpose. Though there are several cost effective tools available for conferencing, social media itself emerging as bizarre.
A broader range of features that social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ have helped users in conferencing. Such features get their job done when you are on a conference.
Instant Messaging and chat facility
This facility is the favorite one for people. One can establish a connection through text or voice chat and share opinions or discuss about their topic with clients. One can reach the end customer as well and get feedback or give support. Facebook messenger and Google talk provide such facility to users.
Google Hangout provide conference platform as video chat for the Google + users for free of cost. Make an account, install plug-in if require, face the camera and you are on the go for conference. The quality is too good.
Infographics and Emoticons
Infographics are the best way to appear effectively and understandably. Whereas emoticons aid your thoughts to express well.
These are a few of great features that social media channels offer for conferencing. Other features depend on region, for example, Facebook messenger is featured with payment option in US, one can pay to end user simply with his debit card. Business conferences are not different, social media users can run a campaign for the events and business conferences through the following ways.
- Use social channels to share registration offers, event highlights and topics. LinkedIn is a great tool for this.
- Identify prospective attendees based on the social content. Send them personal invitations to join the event.
- Tweet frequently using the official event hashtag. Publish and communicate the hashtag everywhere in the social channels. Then, designate a team of people to share highlights, retweet others and keep the Twitter conversation on the go.
- Post the videos on YouTube.
- Build a future prospect list by identifying people who participated online, joined the Twitter handle, or joined the event’s Facebook or LinkedIn pages.
- Make the circles on Google+ and post for the attendees.
The Bottom Line
It is not a daunting way but it depends on how user utilizes the social media capabilities for business conferences. Certainly, social engagement is a plus point for effective meetings with clients or to conference with the customers.