Every business, big or small size, is now using Instagram to promote their business. However, businesses need to keep certain things in mind to make their marketing activities successful.
To get the most out of your Instagram account, here are some tips and tricks.
- Sharing a working link: Links do not work in captions or photo comments. The only place to include a working link is in your profile. So if you want the users to be directed on a web page, you can change the default link in your bio to that page. You can add a note in the caption that the website link is in the bio.
- Make relevant posts: The internet is full of images that are extremely attractive and might belong to themes such as travel, festivals, or food. If none of these themes is relevant to your profile, avoid posting these pictures. Posts that do not align with your business will confuse your followers and also make you look reluctant towards your business.
- Cover brand promotions and giveaways: Publish an image that advertises your giveaways. You can also add posts that can share details of a sale or a contest. Also, ask your followers to share your post adding specific hashtags. Later, you can search that hashtag and see which among your followers have shared it or posted it from their profiles and pick a winner. Such promotions will encourage your followers to develop your brand themselves without a major contribution from your side. This will drive more and more people to visit your profile which will, in turn, generate high revenue for your business.
- Replying to the Comments: When people will comment on your posts, the good practice is to reply to them proactively. Interaction with the customers shows that you are paying attention to what they have to say and care about them. This will increase the number of followers on the channel.
- Embed Instagram Posts to the Website: You can get an embed code from the desktop version of Instagram. Here you can add specific images and videos to your company website. Doing this activity will show the visitors that you are active on the channel. This will also increase the number of followers.
- Promote your business with Instagram Influencers: Instagram influencers are the people who have a large number of followers on this channel. You can hire these influencers to market your product. These are sponsored posts that are subtle and do not look like advertisements.
- Share the post to your Story: Instagram allows you to share your post directly to your story. This feature allows businesses to directly interact with their followers by promoting their products and services.
- Use Polls: There are several interactive features offered by Instagram to enable online conversations between small businesses and their customers. The questions sticker by the platform is a good way to ask for answers from the followers. Make these questions exciting for the users and a fun activity to generate engagement.
- Promote using IGTV: Instagram introduces a new feature known as the IGTV. This feature shows long-form vertical videos. IGTV is also a standalone application apart from being part of the Instagram application. Small businesses can create and upload promotional videos that are as long as one hour long.
- Use Reels: This feature is the latest update made in the application. These are short videos that the user can edit with audio, effects, and some of the most creative tools. Reels can be used by small and medium-sized businesses to feature products, recent projects, or customer engagement.
Make use of all or some of these exciting features of Instagram and watch your business grow. You can now sell products and services as well as interact with your customers on Instagram.