The recent trend of the remote workforce has led to the emergence and popularity of tools and technologies that support such a work culture. The Hybrid work environment needs tools that can be used both in the office as well as remotely.
One of these tools is, Clockify. The tool is one of the best time and attendance system for the businesses that are best suited for the hybrid teams. It is a cloud-based software application that can be accessed by its users irrespective of their location.
The tool is the best option for businesses that want to track a specific project which is distributed across different teams and locations.
Here are some of the features of Clockify
The tool offers a range of time and attendance features. These may vary based on the plan you have chosen for your business.
- Clockify Dashboard: The dashboard shows the managers all the projects on which their employees are working. It also allows the users to track hours on the basis of projects or teams.
- Time Tracking: The feature allows its users to track time by starting the timer that is given in the tool. You can also set automatic browser-based timers or even enter time manually. The tool also lets its users set times that can automatically start when they open their browsers and stop when the browser is closed. The Enterprise plans offer more features to manage timers.
- Project Tracking: The managers can keep track of how much time an employee spends on each project. This means no matter where your employees are located. The tool enables comprehensive project tracking for its users. This feature is highly helpful to conduct project billing where billable time can be marked. All the data from the tool can be integrated with applications such as Monday.com and Salesforce.
- GPS Tracking: The feature lets the managers track where their employees are and see the time at which they are clocked in. This help the managers to note that the employees are working from the assigned locations. This is an important feature of the time and attendance system. This can be one of the best ways to keep accurate time logs and safe workforces.
- Calendars: The users can see the tasks on which they are working on which days. The calendar also keeps a record of all the locations of the employees. This is a useful feature as the hybrid teams work across multiple locations all through the week. For instance, an employee might spend two days in an office, one day at home, and the next two days in meetings with clients across different locations. The calendar feature will show all these items in a well-developed schedule.
- Reports: The tool generates a summary for the projects. They can also generate weekly and monthly reports on the projects. These reports are highly helpful to view costs, billable amounts, or profits that are made per group.
The tool also helps to track even scientific jobs and projects. These tools help to create expense reports. The tool offers a clear visual of all the tasks that are carried out by the employees. Some of the pros and cons of the project include:
- Multiple plans are available for the users. There is also a free plan for the users.
- The tool can be accessed from any location, being cloud-based.
- The application can track specific projects and tasks.
- GPS Tracking Capabilities
- The calendar can track time and locations visually.
- The application does not have tracking features.
- Lacks PTO management features.
Clockify is available in five plans for its users. These range from free tools to paid plans up to $14.99 per month. Most of the small businesses will use the free plan and say that it is more than sufficient as it offers time tracking for an unlimited number of users. If you want to go for the paid plans, there are four plans available, as mentioned below. These can be availed on the basis of monthly or annual billing, each with a seven day free trial period.
This plan allows you to track time and attendance for an unlimited number of employees. It is also used to track projects offering an unlimited number of reports as well as API and software integrations.
This plan is available for $3.99 per user per month and is billed annually. This plan comprises everything which is present in the free plan. It also has some additional administration features.
It charges $5.49 per user per month if it is billed annually. The monthly charge for the plan is $6.99 per user per month. This plan includes everything offered in the basic plan. The additional tools include timesheet and billing capabilities.
This plan is available for $7.99 per user per month if it is billed annually. The monthly payment will cost $9.99 per user per month. All the features of the standard plan are included in this plan. The added features are productivity and profit.
The plan is available for $11.99 per user per month when it is billed annually. The same plan is available for $14.99 per user per month if it is billed on a monthly basis. All the features available in this plan is present in the pro plan. The added features include control and security features.
The overall time and attendance system tool is easy to scale and use for its users. The best part is you can cancel your paid plan anytime you want without losing data. Also, the tool requires no setup. All you need to do is to create your account online and have access to a seven-day free trial. You can then purchase the paid versions as per your needs.