Being a small business does not mean that you have the best Human Resource technology that is available in the market. The probable reason is, not every small and medium business is able to afford a dedicated tool that serves its human resource needs. In a small business, an efficient HR solution can solve a number of tasks such as payroll, hiring, performance, and benefits.
There are a number of companies that develop and delivers competitive and high performing HR solutions for small and medium businesses. These tools are helping entrepreneurs to attract and retain talent. Among the top HR solutions, we have shortlisted the top 3 HR tools for small and medium businesses.
Gusto is one of the best HR solutions for small and medium businesses. The tool offers supreme onboarding features. The HR managers can also manage time tracking, payroll, and health plans for their employees. For these reasons, it has grown to be one of the top-rated business payroll software available in the market. The tool can help your business to manage paid time off, administer work composition, and provide access to several benefits and options.
- Tax Documentation
- Payroll management
- The onboarding process is enabled
- The tool offers two days’ direct deposit.
- Easy time and expenses feature for the employees.
- The business can scale the number of employees from one to multiple.
- Simple and clean to use. The layout is highly accessible for both the management as well as the employees.
- Additional services such as early payment, benefits and vacation planning.
- Super fast and convenient direct deposits make the process simple, even for a small business.
- Friendly and quick customer service
- The tool is costly for small businesses.
- The paystubs need to be improved in terms of their look and feel for the users.
- The customer service is not that good as expected.
One of the easiest HR tools that can be used by a small business is the Bamboo HR making it one of the strongest competitors among the top three HR tools available in the market. The tool offers some of the best ways to manage the day to day operations in a small business. It has some of the best performance management features, offering manager and employee assessment solutions to identify your staff’s strengths and highlighting skills for development. Here are some of the best key features, pros and cons of the tool.
- Efficient system to set up time off.
- Feature to manage user permission to allow supervisor’s access to the necessary areas.
- A useful set of auditing tools and reports.
- Clean UI enables even the less technically skilled users to manage tasks easily.
- Creating and launching job advertisements is easy.
- Feature to develop employee leave policies and approvals.
- Easy to use onboarding and affordable onboarding templates.
- Some additional time tracking features need to be included to make it more powerful.
- Reporting is not user friendly.
- The Mobile version can be improved.
Quickbooks is one of the highest performing HR software that is available in the market today. Its simple interface and rich features make it one of the preferred tools for users. Small businesses can use this platform to set up their payroll and make sure that they efficiently manage all their taxes. Here are some of the key features, pros and cons of the application.
- Users can track expenses, develop reports for the business.
- User invoices can be generated.
- Federal and state payroll taxes are calculated.
- Employees can access their pay stubs, paid time offs, W-2s, and bank information using the workforce portal.
- Exceptional customer services are offered.
- The payroll is accurate.
- Convenient tax filing capabilities.
- Powerful integration.
- Same-day or next-day direct deposit.
- Highly user friendly
- The rising prices make it difficult for small business owners to use them.
- The desktop app is no longer supported.
- Some features are limited
Efficient HR tools can benefit small businesses by carrying out day to day tasks simpler. The tool fills the gaps between the employees and the business and reduces communication gaps between the two. So, if you have not yet started to use a Human Resource tool for small and medium businesses, this is the right time to do so. Choose the tool that best suits your business and get the best out of your business.